Welcome to Shipyard Plantation
You’ll find the best of both worlds within this 800-acre private residential resort community located on the beach at Hilton Head Island’s South End. At first glance Shipyard Plantation is a vacation resort where a majority of real estate units are villas and condos as second homes and investment properties. But tucked away within its boundaries lies what residents consider one of the best kept secrets on Hilton Head Island, a private residential community primarily made up of single-family homes protected from the tourist trade commotion, but with full and easy access to all of Shipyard’s world class resort amenities.
Why You Belong in Shipyard Plantation
Shipyard Plantation is a great place to start looking for Hilton Head Island real estate whether you’re in the market for a vacation home or investment property, or you’re looking for a place to call home. Its South End location is hard to beat, with each of two entrances a mile or less from restaurants, shops, banks, movie theaters, the post office and more. The Pope Avenue gate is minutes from popular Coligny Plaza and Coligny Beach, and the William Hilton Parkway gate gives you quick access to Mid Island, the North End and the bridge to the Mainland. A trio of nine-hole golf courses, a racquet club, miles of leisure trails, and a community beach club bring Hilton Head Island’s active lifestyle to your doorstep, whether in the resort areas or the private residential community.
Shipyard Plantation Real Estate
In terms of the properties available Shipyard Plantation is a uniquely diverse mix of resort and residential units including condominiums (villas), a majority with fairway views, interval ownership units and single-family homes, which are set off from the resort areas for privacy. Most of these homes sit on ¾ acre or larger lots, which is rare for Hilton Head Island private gated communities. An estimated 90 percent of homeowners in the private residential section are permanent residents giving the community a neighborly atmosphere.
Distinguished Schools Near Shipyard Plantation
- Hilton Head Elementary School | Grades 1-5 | 30 School Road, 29926
- Hilton Head International Baccalaureate Elementary School | Grades 1-5 | 30 School Road, 29926
- Hilton Head Elementary School for the Creative Arts | Grades 1-5 | 10 Bus Drive, 29926
- Hilton Head Middle School | Grades 6-8 | 55 Wilborn Road, 29926
- Hilton Head High School | Grades 9-12 | 70 Wilborn Road, 29926
- Hilton Head Preparatory School | Grades K-12 | 8 Fox Grape Road, 29928
- Hilton Head Christian Academy | Grades K-12 | 55 Gardner Drive, 29926
- Sea Pines Montessori Academy | Grades PreK-12 | 9 Fox Grape Road, 29928
- St. Francis Catholic School | Grades PreK-8 | 45 Beach City Road, 29926